OH NO were in for another Griswall Christmas
Hello everyone,
Tis the season alright.... Lets see. we started with my lovely daughter(Michaela) and her wonderful singing. She was being taped by cable TV last Thursday night and April was taking her. Of course like our house is April could not find the paper she had on the refridgerator as someone else(little fingers) has borrowed it.We were assured by Michaela that she only needed to be there for 6:30. So April arrives thinking she had lots of time when in fact the taping began at 5:30pm. but...they halted the whole production and then paraded April and Michaela across the front of the church (April is easily embarrassed) so that Michaela could sing the very last song being recorded. That was the first of 3 things to happen.
The Second was more amazing. Mchaela was to sing at the Legislature and I took time off of work and thought it would be a cool family event. They had Hot Chocolate and hot apple cider,
and lice candles to hold and christmas treats. While waiting for michaela to sing they had other choirs and such. We were having a really good tinme and against our better judgement we allowed Meaghan and Madison to get candles as lots of other kids much younger had them. April and I joked about oh no there goes the christmas tree now but we kept a really good eye on them and all was well until Will began to cry. April was looking for Michaela and I was tending to Will when we heard the Words "Oh my God she is on fire" Don't ask me how but we instantly knew it was Madison. Yep the fur around her hood in flames in an instant. we put the fire out quickly and the only thing hurt was feelings. You see Madison didnt realize that she was on fire she just knew that we were smacking her in the head and and took her candle away.
(did I mention April gets embarrassed easily) Well Madison was mad at us and made just a little scene. OK so now we are up to saturday and getting ready to go buy a new snowsuit for Madison. Well she was very upset when she seen her coat and waned to know who made a fire on her coat.....oh yeah that was nice.
I said 3 things and only told 2 so far. What else could possiblyhappen.
Well today is dance class and April was taking Madison to dance class. we have just a bit of snow...enough to make the roads slippery though..Ok so I guess by now everyone knows where this is going.
April and Madison are fine just shook up a bit but my Van is in a lot of Pain. I have yet to see it but it was towed away and I will be needing to work with my insurance company on this one. I felt so so bad for poor April, but at the same time I feel a bit like an ass. She was to stuborn to ask me to drive Madison and I was to stuborn to offer...Not that it would have made a difference but who knows.
So now that the three events are done it can only get better right..please tellme I am right...I dont think we can take anymore....
LOL
Even though it seems like 3 bad events I like to see how lucky we were with all 3. Michaela did get to be recorded even if it was only one song. Madison's jacket is injured but she could have been burnt badly and feel pain and scar'd for life but we were lucky. And for the accident the Van landed between both poles of a highway sign. I dont even have to say how lucky we were on that one.
In case I dont get to blog again between now and then I would lke to wish everyone a very merry chistmas..
Enjoy the holidays .
Henry

2 Comments:
Henry, you & April must have a guardian angel working overtime to make sure everyone remains safe, relatively healthy and happy. Things are just that things...people and memories are the true gems.
I'm glad everyone's ok!! I'd like to say that at least you know it can only get better from here but you probably thought that after the second incident! :S
Well I hope you guys have a very Merry (AND SAFE!!) Christmas!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home