CORN BOIL and OH NO Where is summer going in such a Rush.
I cannot believe that Summer is going so quickly. I really dislike having to work for a living, as I get older time seems to have speed up and well I just dont like it. I need it to slow down just a bit.
It has been decided that the Corn Boil was to be held in Fredericton this year and that it would be held on Saturday the 6th of September. I have already been talking to Matt and Megan so that Matt could put in for the time off. It is sure to be a good party. Especially since I will be making my famous "Hurricane in a water cooler". Hey Uncle Bee I can sense the excitement as you read that. For those who would like to know what my hurricane is:
1 40 oz Rum
1 40 oz Vodka
Crystal light Cranberry breeze
Lime juice
+18 Liter Jug
and into the water cooler to keep it ice cold all night.
Mmmmm sounds good doesn't it.
In other news...
I am on the look for new work. Doesnt mean I will take it but I am planning to go from working 2 FT jobs down to one better paying job. I am thinking we may have to move to the US for a while to accomplish the goals I have set out. Everthing is still up in the air at this time but Atlantic canada just isnt putting out the money it should for experience and skills. I wish they would catchup to the rest of the world in that aspect because I love living in the Maritimes. So I guess I am more or less playing the field. To do what I do for the Union is paying 115K/year in some of the northern states but it is also a game of job security and how much that is worth. I still have a TN1 issue to get solved before I seriously consider any positions down south but South and Westerly may be what we do. Microsoft has an opening I have been eying up for a long time and well job security is there with room to move up and the pay is very nice indeed with unbeatable benefits, it would mean moving to Seattle but that is only like an hour+ from Vancouver, so who knows.
Willie is 7 months old today and just about ready to crawl, He gets up on all four and shakes his booty but hasnt yet figured out the arm leg movement. I give it a week or two.
With 4 kids and all being home for summer while dad is out to work has caused april to have sudden hair loss...Yano the type that comes out by the handfull :-D. Just kidding of course. The kids have the pool up and have been enjoying it. I will be starting my summer vacation time soon, August 2nd -17th so I am excited about that, I am officially on vacation from both jobs as of right now, but I have a feeling that may change just before I go. I hope not though.
There is not much else new and exciting happening.
Later
Henry

4 Comments:
Well Henry, dare I be so bold to say that if you are going to move, move closer to the west...north or so of the border doesn't really matter, but closer would be great!!!!
April, hang in there...school is just around the corner, I think!
Hey, just wanted to let you know I already booked off the time for the corn boil, so Me and Megan will be there. I can't wait!!!
I like the thoughts of you all moving to seattle...especially since we are very serious about moving to the \Vancouver area...we would be a couple hours away....hmmmm...
Ok so who's getting excited? Corn boil is just around the corner!
Post a Comment
<< Home