Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Little man.

Hello Everyone,
I got a day off from 2 out of 3 jobs because it is my B-day. How lucky was that. It really is like having a day off. I even have time to blog.

Things are changing and fast. As of Jan 15th 09 I will no longer be working at the Full time Night Job. I will be done. Yippee. I will be increasing some hours for my PT job however I have the Union Job and the New BaseMetrics Job things doing some overlap. My boss Garfield sent me an email from Mumbai today and says that alot of the hype on TV isnt really as apparent when you get there. So I will still be going to India in the near future. The reason I am going is we are building state of the Art Business Analytic applications for hospitals in the regioin. I am also working on the project with facilities in Canada. Being the Project Lead on some of this stuff is nerve racking but the excitement is unreal. I have already harnessed the technology that is bringing us beyond touch screens and into a gesture based HoloDeck type environment. Touch screens dont work well in hospital where the environment should be sterile and minimal touch is idea. The first project is in Pune India and is a 1000 bed learning Hospital that is attached to one of the largest Universities. I havent ever been away from the kids for more than one week at a time so it will be odd and a little hard but also like an adventure. I will be visiting some of the poorest areas of the country and have been prepared in advance. things like eating with hands and food being serverd on banana leaves instead of plates. I am ready for it though. I will also be visiting some of the richer areas like the Techno parks where the owner had his buildings built in the image of the Pyramids. We may actually be opening an office in that very building.

I must sau it is all coming fast and is all very exciting and before I know I will be back down to only one job and I truely like the sound of that.

The kids are big and bad as ever. I dont have pictures ready of everyone but I took a few of The Captain in his suit. He is a hansome young man.
Later,
Henry




3 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Alberta said...

Will is The Captain...then who is Gilligan?

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Blog U Say!!! said...

Madison will have to be Gilligan. I will post the video April took of her singing to the tune of Gilligan's Island. It is very good :-)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Lucie said...

Wow, you're in for an exciting year. I'm looking forward to reading your blogs from India.

Will is adorable, it seems like just yesterday that he was just an infant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home