Life is full of suprises :~)
WOW The wedding is in like 11 days and my world just keeps getting busier. I thought is was all supposed to slow down at some point. I am scared to see what happens when the whole Crash finally hits. I'll be going crazy.
Wedding prep stuff is what I would say done, Anne and Monica ensured that all the extras were done. I am more of a plain ole getter done kinda guy but they wanted it all to be very special and did way more than I think they should have But it is all Very much Appreciated.
Latest events of the week have been Painting and I suck at it. I suck so bad at it that I think April officially fired me. :~)
While on the topic of being fired and such I think I am going to let my computer company go. The hassle and cost is just outweighing my will to keep it going.
My main customer in the UK is going bankrupt real soon and I am gonna be stung for about 20K and I am still trying to squeeze payment out of Aruba. I am getting tired of dipping into personal money to fund the company and keep it going where the loss is getting to be way higher than I wanted it to.
I was offered the opportunity to buyout the UK for a very low cost and The incoming cash flow appeared to be nice at first but 45K coming in and 47K going out with all the extra work in between just didn't seem like where I wanted to be.
I do have the opportunity to wait for them to crash and burn and take over there customers with a new product that I have been working on and I could probably flow about 25-30K monthly with 15K monthly expense but then it comes down to how much time do I really have in a day.
The main competition has already been working with me on having me work for them. It's good to have friends in all the right places. It would still be a work from home, Part-time thing but I am not 100% sure I wanna work myself into the ground anymore.
End result is I think the company is going to go and I will keep working my day job.
I have however been already planning another company(Totally non computer related) in which April can continue to work from home. I can get the kids to help. and I can coin a couple thousand each month. It isn't the healthiest choice but I think it is a decision that will work and work out nicely. It is a passion of mine and has been for many years and I think I am really good at it. More to come on that once I have solidified my contacts and have the license in hand.

10 Comments:
I'm not so good at reading between the lines, how many jobs do you actually have right now? and what is your new prospective job going to be? It's really quite sad that I don't know you well enough to be able to fill in the blanks myself. We'll have to change that soon enough...
Are you going to try selling that wine? Is it even legal to have the kids out selling door to door with the wine on their wagon? Don't they need a special license for that?
Oh and trust me Leslie you know enough .. knowing more only ends up making you an accomplice .. trust me!
Hey can anybody tell me why I can't seem to get all my comments out in one box .. what is my problem?
If you're anything like me- I just like taking up space with my beautiful picture!
Again and again!
And again!
Hey with all the great pictures I dont blame ya for posting Again and again. :~)
I have a full time day job working for a Union which is a really great super secure job that pays Middle class wages.
Then I run my business which employed April until recently, and I have 2 other fulltime staff members. I was at one time working full time for my business as well. So I would work from 8am-4pm and then 8pm-4am and try to find a wee bit of sleep and have a life in between.
Actually one of my "Boy's" is on vacation this week so those are the shifts I am doing this week.
I also contract myself out as a Trainer. I do classroom training in specialized courses for companies. I worked on a project a few years ago that made me appear to be one of the worlds top Linux Operating system trainers(I do get my bullshi**ing skills honestly, but if they are willing to pay big bucks I go).
I am very lucky to have the best employer in the world because not only do they let me take these course contracts, they continue to pay me while I am doing them. They call it educational experience. Then again I work about 30-40 hours overtime each week for them and only charge them for half of it, so it all works out.
I also hire my "Boy's" and myself to another elearning company as Course developers and quality assurance.
So basically if we can squeeze time in we do it. Oddly enough I can be working for 3 companies all at the same time and be bringing in over 100/hour. I guess I am as bad as a cheap hooker huh.
But thats it.
LAter
Henry
Wow, busy enough or what? Boy do you take after your Dad when it comes to work!!
I can't wait to see you guys again, It as been awhile.
Hey, if you plan on "franchising" this new business of yours that April is doing, give me a call! I would SOOOOO love to work from home!! Especially since I want to get knocked up by the end of this year.
I've got many, many hidden talents! I guess that is what happens when you start working in junior high school and have over 20 years work experience in different jobs. I got skills baby!
Post a Comment
<< Home